10 July 2012

Sadness Sounds 5 August 2011 exLJ

On Wednesday night I posted two very sad songs to Facebook. Sean Curran asked the question. "What's up with all the sadness?" My response was "Just something I get into every so often when I need to remind myself where I am." That was the quick response. I have been thinking about it a bit.

Then Tantra Maat posted the Choir of the Crickets that slowed down cricket sound and made it sound like a human choir. I said this to "Zarkia" and she told me about a slowed down version of the theme from Jurassic Park.

So what is it with certain sounds and our emotions? Sound directly affects our heart. The Institute of Noetic Science and Heart Math have shown that there is a brain in our heart that is directly connected to the brain in our heads. And under certain conditions the heart-brain overrides the head-brain.

And then I started to read A Course in Miracles, Lesson 182. "I will be still an instant and go home.

"This world you seem to live in is not home to you. And somewhere in your mind you know that this is true. A memory of home keeps haunting you... a persistent feeling, sometimes not more than a tiny throb, at other times hardly remembered, actively dismissed, but surely to return to mind again...

...some try to put by their suffering in games they play to occupy their time, and keep their sadness from them. Others will deny that they are sad, and do not recognize their tears at all. Still others will maintain that what we speak of is illusion, not to be considered more than but a dream. Yet who, in simple honesty, without defensiveness and self-deception, would deny he understands the words we speak?"

It goes on to speak about a Child within my mind. A Child that knows what home is, not my family home or the place I was born, but Heaven.

I realise now that the sadness comes from this feeling deep in my mind of missing Heaven, of missing the innocence of the Child by striving so hard to be a "man of the world".

And all I have to do to recover my peace is to be still an instant.

In fact, many instants throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment