10 July 2012

Forgiveness Gifts 10 April 2012 ex?Peace

A Course In Miracles, Lesson 297 states "Forgiveness is the only gift I give." In one of my early posts I offered a blessing. This blessing contains the gifts of God - Love, Life, Light, Peace, Joy, Truth, Power, Strength, Free, Safe, Open, and Holy.

The gifts God gives are given to His Creation. I, the part of me, that believes I'm separate cannot offer these gifts because I see myself as separate from Creation. However, I don't have to offer them because God has already given them to everyone and everything.

What I can offer is forgiveness because that is a function of the separate part of me. I forgive the world and I forgive myself.

Forgiveness used to mean to me that I had to prostrate myself on front of another separate entity and beg them to forgive me for my transgressions. Or, I had to confess my sins to a priest and beg him to give me Atonement. This usually meant doing penance that involved pain and suffering.

Atonement means becoming one with God's Creation. Now all I have to do to forgive is to see everyone and everything as one with me. When I judge I enforce my belief in separation. When I see the world as evil I am damming myself to remain outside Creation.

Damming and damning are pronounced the same way, and funnily enough convey a similar outcome. Build a dam and block the flow of water, damn and block the flow of Love.

Tom Jones used to sing a song "Please forgive me, let me go..." And that's all forgiveness means - let all our judgments of each other go. Forgive and forget - if we really have forgiven we have forgotten.

The part of us that believes we are separate is really an illusion which will disappear like a puff of smoke when we accept that we are as God created us.

Heaven is here, there is no other place.
Heaven is now, there is no other time.

Welcome to Heaven, welcome home.

No comments:

Post a Comment