10 July 2012

A Course in Miracles - our best buy ever 20 June 2012 ex?Peace

Back in 1996 when Dervish was Crystal Connection and was located on Paul Street we went in to do some Christmas shopping. Mary asked Jonathan for something light to read over our Christmas Holidays in Kerry. Jokingly, I think, Jonathan placed A Course In Miracles on the counter along with some other stuff we were buying. Without even looking at it Mary bought it. We brought it to Kerry and brought it home without even looking at it.

It had been recommended to me a few times but whenever I went to buy it the language in it put me off. Sometime in January my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to read the introduction. Needless to say I was fascinated. So I started reading the text, doing the lessons and reading the supplementary texts all at the same time.

I finished the 365 lessons in 375 days - that's dedication for you. And kept studying the text for a further 9 years. I then decided that I had enough. I dropped it, but not what I had learned from it. A couple of years later the word "meaningless" started popping into my head. "Ah ha" I said that's from A Course In Miracles. So I started doing the lessons again.

No stampede this time, I decided, just take them easy. Two and a half years later I'm up to lesson 325. This time around it made a lot more sense.

So after that long preamble we get to what struck me about lesson 325. It's the best explanation I've ever come across for what's going on in our minds and in the world. The following is extracted from the lesson.

"What I see reflects a process in my mind, which starts with my idea of what I want. From there, the mind makes up an image of the thing the mind desires, judges valuable, and therefore seeks to find. These images are then projected outward, looked upon, esteemed as real and guarded as one's own. From insane wishes comes an insane world. From judgment comes a world condemned. And from forgiving thoughts a gentle world comes forth...

Choose wisely!

No comments:

Post a Comment