05 July 2012

A Train of Thought 2 October 2007 exLJ

A train of thought is a sequence of concepts, a process. In slow motion an event is a process. There is no such thing as a random happening, no such thing as chance, no such thing as chaos. We just don't have enough information to see the control system at work, or we do not have the ability or the willingness to understand the bigger picture, the grand scheme.

There is also a vested interest in keeping the concept of chance or chaos going. If we knew it all, there would be no fear. Without fear why would we need security for the future, why would we need security for the present? Why would we need to pay insurance, why would we need systems of control, hierarchies of management or government.

Anyway, another mangle (I've decided to call these misquotes and mixed sayings that come into my mind mangles).

"Ego is a voluntary incarceration of a boundless mind."

Looking at bodies (man-watching) may be futile. It could be

- trying to interpret a mind by inferring from the body language, image or form.
- seeing beauty in a form.
- looking for a connection.

It is definitely dangerous when judgment enters - we make a decision about another separate part of mind based on what we see as the form, shape or appearance of the body. If discernment engages rather than judgment - do I like what I see? Can I help the mind that believes it is a body? Then we can take it or leave it. The problem with our judgments is that we feel we have to do something about them.

When I was doing the Healing At Work promotion I had lots of time for man-watching (or more accurately woman-watching). The question occurred to me "What is the perfect figure?" The smart answer I got, which I had come up with before, is "8". Which leads neatly into another mangle.

"Beauty is in the mind of the perceiver. Offence is in the ego of the receiver."

No comments:

Post a Comment