In the beginning, I had reluctantly followed Mi-Li-Sam’s advice, but as I got into the spirit of ‘touring’ I really began to enjoy myself. What was very strange at first was the way the natives would talk to me about anything without any formal introductions. It was all banter, no appointments and no agendas and most importantly, a load of laughs. What started out as a one or two week break wound up being three months.
Irish people are inclined to ask a lot of questions and in the beginning I didn’t know how to respond to what I did in life. Eventually, I just made up the first thing that came to my mind. Their usual response was ‘maryah’ or ‘mar dhea’ implying that the listener knew I was bluffing.
Towards the end, thoughts of GF began to intensify, and eventually I decided I better pay them a visit. On Thursday, as usual, I entered the common room. The place was deserted, no people, no furniture and totally bare walls. I stood still and wondered what had happened. While I stood there trying to make up my mind what I was going to do I heard voices coming from the therapy room.
I knocked gently on the door and went in. Wow! The room was beautifully decorated with twelve chairs in a circle. Everyone was dressed in their Sunday best and all were looking great. I was greeted with a chorus of “Hello David, Welcome Back, Hope you enjoyed your holidays!”
I thanked them all and said that I had a great holiday and continued with, “Ireland is a great country, the people are so friendly, so much banter and craic as well as some very wise observations. Despite the unwritten rule of ‘No politics, No religion and No sex’ I’d say that some of my conversations touched on the deeper spiritual nature of the country.”
Smigs elucidated, “The unique ‘spiritual energy’ associated with Ireland is deeply tied to its landscape, ancient history, and cultural traditions. In Celtic lore, this phenomenon is often referred to through the concept of "Thin Places"—locations where the barrier between the physical world and the spiritual realm (or the "Otherworld") feels especially permeable.
Whether viewed through the lens of folklore, geology, or personal experience, Ireland's spiritual atmosphere is generally felt not as an intense, overwhelming power, but as a quiet, atmospheric "thinness" built on thousands of years of uninterrupted human interaction with the landscape.”
I thanked Smigs and asked, “What is going on here, where have all the patients gone?”
Will said, “The patients have all been moved to an isolated corner of the campus up on the hill. This building is scheduled to be demolished tomorrow and a new office block built in its place. A lot has happened while you were away. We’ve all been discharged as ‘fit for society’.”
I exclaimed, “And where will we meet on Thursdays?”
Amisa said, “David, I don’t think that there will be any more meetings. We were asked to set up the room with twelve chairs even though we believed there would only be seven of us here today. The message that we’ve been getting is that today is about endings.”
I was about to ask what the hell was going on when Ruishk, Mi, Li, and Sam entered the room beaming. The room turned into a melee of hugs, kisses and greetings. After things had settled down a bit Ruishk asked us all to take a seat. I wound up sitting in the black chair with the white chair opposite me empty.
I was bewildered with this turn of events and asked Ruishk what was going on. He replied that I needed to wait, as we were still missing one person. I looked around for a few minutes and wondered who it was. Just as I realised that Helen was the only one missing she walked in the door. She looked radiant and very relaxed. She sat down in the chair opposite me.
Ruishk said, “The Crazy Cabal has reached the end of its usefulness. Your time together has served its purpose. You have all learned much in your time together. David has achieved what he needed to with your help. He has still one task to do before moving on, and we are all here to help him with it. Before that I’d like to give each of you a chance to say....”
I interrupted, “What’s going on here? What is all this talk about endings? And most importantly, what is this one task?”
Mi answered, “David, do you remember what happened in Rome that set you off on your ‘runaway awakening?”
I replied, “I vaguely remember meeting an older man that did something to me that set me off.”
Li said, “That older man is you!”
My head nearly exploded. My heart started racing. Was I having a meltdown? I closed my eyes. From behind, someone put their hands on my shoulders and I began to calm down. I opened my eyes and Helen was standing behind me.
Sam said, “Davy, you were in a very sorry state when you came out of the Vatican and the timing was right to put you on a different path. We all needed to gather together to boost your energy enough for you to take the trip back.”
Will asked if I was able to continue. I said that I needed a while to get my head around all of this.
Ruishk said, “Has anybody anything they’d like to share with us?”
The room went totally still and silent. The atmosphere seemed to be filled with Peace and Love.
Will said, “Thank you David, It’s been a pleasure working with you! You have come a long way in dismantling your ego. You’ve found ways to get through or around that ‘fifty foot of concrete’. Keep in mind that the ego will not give up easily and that you still have a long way to go. It is not a struggle but a gentle undoing and your dreams will help you.”
Clivid said, "God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. I think, thanks to you, that I’m truly born again.”
Darukin said, “Well David, you Runaway Awakening has worked. You’re awake. Well done.
Smigs said, “Your holiday made you aware of the nature of ancient Ireland. Go and explore it.
Charlie said, “If you pull off this return we’ll make you an honourary Shaman of Ancient Mexico.”
Amisa said, “Wow, David, I know that this is over. Thank you for everything. I hope we meet again sometime.
Helen said, “Your questioning and influence awakened something in me that has led to my own awakening. May we meet again. Thank you very much.”
Mi-Li-Sam said, “OK, boyo, are you ready to go?”
Ruishk said, “Hold up. We’re in Ireland and you can’t finish this up without a drink!”
At that, he produced twelve glasses and a bottle of Irish whiskey. It wasn’t just any old Irish whiskey. It was Midleton Rare. He poured a handsome measure into each glass and passed them around the room as he said, “This is not a bottoms up kind of whiskey. This is a sip and savour every drop kind.
Here’s to the Crazy Cabal.
Here’s to David N’Arby.
Go dtaitní an ghrian go te ar d’aghaidh, agus go gcasfar le chéile arís sinn.”
Mi-Li-Sam said, “David, when this is over you will be returning to a new location in Ireland. You have mind travelled, but this time you are bringing your whole self, body and all.”
I sipped my whiskey. It was definitely the best whiskey I’d ever had. As I finished the glass I could feel myself getting very warm. I felt that my body was glowing. As I closed my eyes, a great peace descended on me and I could feel the room thinning around me…
I opened my eyes and I was standing by the Vatican Obelisk. I looked around and saw David walking across St. Peter’s Square with his head buried in his chest like it was the end of the world. I stepped into his path and asked, “What happened in there?”
He reacted like he might have recognised me but shook it off. He said,
“My career is finished. The Vatican had insisted that they could veto the publication of my research in their archives. My article undermined some of their cherished beliefs. Not only did they veto it but they threatened that if any of it surfaced anywhere they would kill me. They mentioned excommunication. They said that they would spread the word that I’m prone to exaggeration and mis- and dis-information. My career is over.”
I said, “So, you’re at a loose end! Would you be interested in a new life path?”
David said, “There is no going back. So, yea, I’m willing to try anything.”
I taught him how to let his steps be guided and as he walked away I gave him a gentle punch between the shoulder blades. His steps seem to become lighter and he started whistling as he zig-zagged out of the square.
I sat with my back to the obelisk. As I looked around I realised that we had come full circle.I closed my eyes and felt the world close in around me. I could feel a freshness developing around me and I lingered in it for a long time. I opened my eyes and I was in a beautiful green valley crouched in a horseshoe of mountains. I heard singing all around me.
“Welcome Home, David.”
No comments:
Post a Comment