09 September 2014

Food, Glorious Food

There is much written about food, of its effects on us both positive and negative. Over the years I have experimented with various diets and followed a lot of nutritional advice. Currently, I eat what I like and drink lots of water. What I have found is that sugar based foods and drinks seriously effect me. When teaching Peace of Mind Healing I do a short session on "Food, Glorious Food". We examine how food effects us by thinking about a food and then scanning the body to see what changes have occurred. My emphasis is always that it is not the food that is the problem but what we think about it.

New Testament, Matthew 15.11-12

It's not what goes into our mouths that does us harm, it's what comes out of them. For what goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and hence into the drain. But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and thus harms us.

In Chinese Philosophy the Heart houses the mind. This is reinforced by studies published by the Institute of Heart Math. See http://www.heartmath.org/templates/ihm/articles/infographic/2013/mysteries-of-the-heart/index.php

A Course in Miracles, Workbook, Lesson 136, Sickness is a defense against the truth

18. Perhaps you do not realize that this removes the limits you had placed upon the body by the purposes you gave to it. 2 As these are laid aside, the strength the body has will always be enough to serve all truly useful purposes. 3 The body's health is fully guaranteed, because it is not limited by time, by weather or fatigue, by food and drink, or any laws you made it serve before. 4 You need do nothing now to make it well, for sickness has become impossible.

A Course in Miracles, Workbook, Lesson 222, God is with me. I live and move in Him.

God is with me. 2 He is my Source of life, the life within, the air I breathe, the food by which I am sustained, the water which renews and cleanses me. 3 He is my home, wherein I live and move; the Spirit which directs my actions, offers me Its Thoughts, and guarantees my safety from all pain. 4 He covers me with kindness and with care, and holds in love the Son He shines upon, who also shines on Him. 5 How still is he who knows the truth of what He speaks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment